JULY 22, 2020
Keeping everyone safe and healthy and minimizing the risk of virus transmission is our priority. In compliance with Newton Department of Public Health COVID-19 health and safety requirements, we are working closely with the United Parish of Auburndale to implement the safety and precautionary guidelines listed below.
Daily Checks: We will screen all students daily for symptoms, including a temperature check at the entrance. We ask that any student who has symptoms or any risk of being exposed to the virus, stay at home and self-quarantine for 14 days. We will have online options in the event that a student may need to stay home.
Face coverings: All students, staff, and visitors will be required to wear face masks at the center. We will have some classes outside where the mask requirement may be loosened if students are far enough apart from each other. We will provide students with face masks but we ask that students also bring additional personal face coverings.
Social Distancing: Classrooms, offices, hallways, and meeting rooms are being reconfigured to allow for social distancing of at least six feet and in some instances (hallways and some offices and classrooms) no less than 4 feet apart. Our modest enrollment, large open spaces, and access to the outdoors work in our favor. We hope to hold many of our classes and workshops, as well as breaks and lunchtime outdoors whenever possible.
Cleaning and Disinfecting: Our staff and intern team will continue to perform regular intense cleaning of all public spaces. They will consistently disinfect classrooms, common areas, and workspaces to help minimize transmission. Hand sanitizing stations will be installed throughout the center and periodic reminders for hand washing will be announced throughout the day. At the end of the day after all students leave, a cleaning crew will clean and disinfect all classrooms, offices, bathrooms, floors, doors, etc.
We are still working to make sure all guidelines and precautions are in place before the fall. I hope this update on our plans to return to the clean, open, and safe space of our learning center gives peace of mind as families plan for the fall during these unprecedented times.
JUNE 26, 2020
Dear Prospective Families,
I am so very happy (and relieved!) to report that the church has informed me that we are welcome to return to the center in September. The church administrators and I are currently working together on developing safety procedures to minimize exposure to Covid-19 and keep everyone in the building safe and healthy. Guidelines will be posted on the website and sent to all families once they have been finalized.
As I work to develop the schedule of classes, I ask that you please confirm Fall enrollment as soon as possible. Even if you have confirmed verbally or via email, please do complete the enrollment form here: Enrollment Form. In the space provided on the form for additional comments, please indicate any requests for a specific class topic. If you are missing only a few high school requirements and are hoping to graduate this coming academic year, please indicate what those missing requirements are.
Fall classes and days offered, if scheduled:
Science Math (Mondays and Wednesdays)
3D Design & Printing (Mondays and Wednesdays)
ELA – Nature Journaling (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
Music with Ryan (Wednesdays)
Financial Literacy with Leo (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
Teen Talk It Out
History (World and/or US)
Psychology (Intro or Adolescent)
Art (and possibly Ceramics)
*I am also hoping to start a Dungeons & Dragons group depending on interest. Are you?
Due to public health concerns over the spread of the virus in our shared kitchen, we will not be offering a cooking class this fall. (We will have plenty of pizza days, however!)
Some other notes:
- Student updated progress reports should be available in Google folders by July 6. You will receive an email notification.
- Ryan Cimon’s summer plans have changed and he will be teaching his music class on Wednesday afternoons beginning July 6 – please let me know if you are interested in participating via Discord. Class fee depends on the number of students enrolled.
- We currently have five Lasell students fulfilling their internship requirement with us in the fall! We love those interns!
- My hope is to get back into the space by mid-August so that I can offer tours to prospective students. If you have not done so already, and if you are so inclined – no pressure 🙂 – I would appreciate if you could take the time to write a review on the website! These make a difference! Here is a link for your convenience: Reviews
- Once I receive your enrollment form, I will send out an invoice for payment in full by August 14th. Fees remain the same as academic year 2019-2020 and are as follows: Part-time is $2,500 per semester. Full-time is $5,000 per semester. Additional fees for field trips and some supplies may apply. If you would like to request a payment plan with the option to pay in installments, please let me know.
- Classes start on Tuesday, September 8.
Be on the lookout for more updates and news as we prepare to come back together in September.
I look forward to seeing all of you!